Friday, April 27, 2012

MadMay2012

Knitters to your posts.... MadMay2012 will be starting in 4 days.... So what is it?  I only heard about this marathon last week.  It is hosted by a HUGE group at Ravelry Madelinetosh Lovers group  If you don't know, Madelinetosh is a manufacturer of wonderful modern natural fiber yarns.  The Ravelry group is having an event in May which includes Knit/Crochet alongs, tips, prizes and tons of fun online social sharing. 

Blue Gingham & Fathom MadTosh next to Alchemyst Rose
Earlier I had printed off the pattern and gathered my tools, needles, yarn.  These are the two colors I am using.  Yesterday was the first day we were to swatch.  I did.  I got guage.... but it's tiny @ 32 stitches over 4" in pattern.  I wound my yarn, thoroughly reviewed the pattern, looked on Ravlery and made note of changes & techniques others have employed with the pattern I plan to use: Scalene by Carina Spencer.  One potential problem with the pattern is its tendancy for the edges to be too tight; to mitigate this, I'm following the suggestion to put a YO (yarn0ver) after the first stitch of each row, then drop it as one knits back, thus keeping the stitch count correct.  I did this in my swatch & it definitely helps. 

To enter into the competitions, we are not to cast on until May 1, so I'll set it aside and focus on getting other projects completed, so I can knit, knit, knit in May!  Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

Have fun. I look forward to seeing what you make.