Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 4 One Flower Wednesday

Just one today... and just the inner ring 7 hexi flower, but I am happy with how it turned out.

This photo includes a rose bud from my very favorite rose, a climber named Alchymist (the original spelling, now you see it as "Alchemist.")  It is very fragrant, with old fashioned blossoms which are usually in the apricot/salmon/peach range.  One Mother's day, my 7 foot bush was so laden with blossoms and buds, I counted them; I stopped at 145, having included only those buds that had opened enough to see the color of the petals.  Here is link to info on this wonderful rose: Alchymist Rose source 

Now here is this week's hexi sitting upon an Alchymist bud:
Go on over to Karen's wonderful website Journey of a Quilter One Flower Wednesdayto see the other fun hexi's on her link-up as well as links to wonderful info on how you too can make these fun flowers... Happy Stitching!  B

8 comments:

Hilachas said...

Your flower is gorgeous and I love the story that goes with it.

Nane said...

Lovely!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful flower! Your garden sounds gorgeous!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Both of your flowers are beautiful! I can almost smell the Alchymist way over here.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Beautiful flower. Have a good week jinnie

Karen said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!!! And, I can't believe over 145 blooms and buds, how wonderful is that!

Carrie P. said...

All your hexies are fabulous.
I would love to see a photo of that flower when it blooms.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Such a beautiful hexie flower. I can only imagine what rose bush must look like full of blossoms. Thank you for sharing the link.