I am having a bit of a tussle with this one fabric... the lighter green print used in the stems and Calyx. Everytime I use it, I am surprised by how it behaves with others, despite auditioning; it is a morphing fabric. It changes between auditioning & stitching; sometimes it changes its color family... going too olive, sometimes (often) it changes value. Even in this photo is shows up differently than in real life... The photo has more value punch than when viewing the block on the design wall (after stitching, it was fine in audtition.) I had really wanted the value of that second set of stems to be in between the dark fluid stems/leaves and the rest of the block so that the beautiful movement and interaction of the stems would be the predominate feature of the block. Ah well.
One thing I have learned is to "move on." I used to rip out everything I didn't like or just abandon the project all together. Consequently, few projects were completed. Now, I ascribe to the principle: "Done is better than just right."
I can't claim them as "humility" blocks, as I understand that humility mistakes have to be INTENTIONAL! (Can I just tell you how much I admire the spiritual maturity of those who, in an effort to keep their pride harnessed, will add an intentional and noticable pattern error. Bless them, bless them.)
Back to this quilt... I think I will not use that fabric again. Still... Block 8 done in time for next week's workshop!