Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Flower Wednesday

Ironic that spring is officially here and I have no hexi flowers this week!  But, I DO have connectors....
Isn't that tulip something?  It is on a stem @ 14inches tall & the perspective makes the hexi's look small!  This is an old fashioned tulip which is not reliably perennial, but this may be it's 5th year.  I am fairly sure this is a Fosteriana "Red Emperor" variety.  It is an early bloomer.

As to my hexi's... I've got about 70 connectors made (the photo has 7 stacks of 10 each, but the perspective obscures this detail.)  I have about ten 2.5" WOF strips cut, which will become 160 more.  I didn't have many meetings last week, and I focused on other projects so although I added to my stash of completed connector hexi's, I already had a bunch made. 

Thanks for stopping by, and go see the great tutorials and link-ups over at Karen's Journey of a Quilter for more hexi fun!

11 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

that tulip is certainly Regal looking! The connectors are nice...I love paisley...no matter what color it is.....(is that paisley???)

Raewyn said...

Pretty Tulip - initially I thought it was a Poppy. We are too warm here for decent Tulips so I have to enjoy other people's ones. Like the connectors you are using - amazing how many we need to make, isn't it?

Hilachas said...

Yes, connectors are important. I think they're boring to make but we need them. I like the color of yours.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful tulip! Great start on you connectors.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Beautiful flower, have a great day happy quilting jinnie

Karen said...

Such a lovely plate of connectors and that tulip, oh my!

Salem Stitcher said...

I cannot believe spring is here. I wanted one good snow. All the beautiful flowers blooming is helping me to get over it though.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The flowers are positively breath taking right now, your Tulip is no exception. Love your hexies, and your stick-to-it-iveness!

Maria said...

I love your beautiful big RED tulip.

Well done having so many connectors ready..

Nane said...

The fabric you have chosen for the connectors is really nice...

Carrie P. said...

Well, you are on your way getting a quilt made one day.
That tulip is awesome.