Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hop 2 It

We have wonderful teachers here in Winston Salem.  One, named Kathleen, has been my teacher since 2006.  She teaches quilting and applique, plus so many fun little projects: needle keepers, pin cushions, applique roll keepers.  I am often in two of her offerings, one being a monthly workshop in which we are currently working on a quilt called Hop To It.  I think she may have 4 different groups doing this quilt.  Many local blogs are showing images of our projects.  Here is a link to the designer's website:  Edyta Sitar  And here's a photo of my 7th block.  The fabric the block is resting on is fabric I will use for the widest border... I have a very dark aqua to use for the inner border.
 

Here is a close up of my Bumble Bee, perhaps the black sheep of her skeep?  (don't you just love bees?)

I'm thinking I may add some little embroidered antenna....

I am happy to say that I have completed all the blocks (1-7) she has taught us... working on Block 8 for September workshop.  I have started on the sashing (square in a square.) [More photos later.]

Thanks for stopping in... Happy Sititching! (or knitting or crochet...etc... etc)

3 comments:

Quilter Raised in the South said...

how pretty! the colors make it look so real, I admire your choices.

Karen said...

Very pretty and a sweet bee!!!

Raewyn said...

I have just started 'Hop To It' as well - so have only one block under my belt. I love the colourways you have chosen - and that bee is SO cute!! Your block is beautiful - lovely needleturn.