Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One Flower Wednesday

One would think it is March here in NC as warm as it is.  I've been taking the opportunity to get outside to make my photos for the blog... a great improvement!  Here's this week's flower:
The pale peach dotted fabric always seems to read as offwhite.

The Camellia is from a bush that was just tee-ninesty when I moved in; I think it was a volunteer.  We are in zone 7 for planting... to my knowledge folks have trouble growing camellias much north of here.  My sister in zone 6 can not grow them (even with her very green thumb!).

I do love mine.  They are of the Japonica species which, according to my records, are blooming a bit early this year.  Their blooms often peak through snow which will fall in February & early March.

Thanks for stopping by and hope all's well in your world!

3 comments:

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Both your flowers are beautiful, pretty colors.

Karen said...

Oh, both flowers so beautiful! It is warm here too, I think the grass has started to grow again.

sunny said...

Beautiful flowers! We're going to have an early spring - I hope we don't get an ill-timed burst of winter to kill the blooms.