Monday, January 28, 2013

Design Wall Monday, January 28, 2013

2013... I've been mulling it over, for a while now.

Night before last, I sat down and really focused on what I'd like to get accomplished this year, craft-wise.  Mostly, I'll be making gifts, many gifts (HUGE family!)  One item I want to give is a Christmas/ birthday present to my son in August.  I knit 7 modern red/green/off-white stockings for their family, and I want to give them a tree-skirt & table runner to match.... but NO WAY would I put something knit in wool under a LIVE tree... so I'm sewing it.

Two of ten panels
Hmm... photo is a bit fuzzy & deep forest green appears black.  My sewing room is a hard place to get accurate photos.  At any rate, I've sewn all 10 panels; I have sewn panel one to two and panel three to panel 4.  Last night I cut the freezer paper templates to sew the rest of the panels into pairs.  I love how it looks in person, not so much in the photo.  This pattern (mentioned before) is included in the book: French Braid Obsession by Jane Hardy Miller.  If you look at customer images, I think there are a couple examples of what the whole pattern will look like.

See what others are working on over at Judy's Patchwork Times.
Thanks for stopping by! 

6 comments:

Carrie P. said...

sounds like a plan and sounds like you will be very busy this year.

Jill said...

I love your fabrics!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I looked at the pattern and it will be a lovely star on the skirt! Can't wait to see your finish!

Unknown said...

Looking good:)

Dayquilt said...

Just curious (I'm not a knitter) why wouldn't you put wool under a live tree?

Salem Stitcher said...

I need to make a tree skirt this year too and maybe I'll get to it...we'll see. Yours though...I love.